Friday, June 19, 2009

First break-up

...and we've only had one date. In an odd twist of fate, Brent just emailed and cut me loose. I'm very happy for him, because it seems he has found a girl who can handle the too-much-information problem:

Harriet,

I hate to do this but I'm not really into juggling dates. I have met someone recently and we are getting along well. I can only handle one girl at a time :>) I was going to give it a go with her and see where things go. I don't think it's fair to try to date someone unless you are completely there...with that said, if things don't work out with this girl I would love to get together with you again sometime. You seem really nice. Anyway, I'd rather not lead you on or confuse things and think we should bail on thursday night. I'm sure you've got guys banging down your door anyway. I hope you understand.

Brent

Apparently, he was dating this girl when he sent me that email last week with his whole schedule. He sent that email on a friday and this is wednesday. Did he really just say that he likes this girl better but that if it doesn't work out, I'm his second choice? I like the use of the smiley face.

Harriet

No comments: