Friday, June 19, 2009

O.M.G.

There just aren't words... Brent just sent this (it's Thursday, the day we were supposed to go out before he fell in love with that girl and ditched me yesterday on Wednesday)

Harriet

hey...I just can't win. I try to be a nice guy and I always end up on the short end of the stick...the girl flaked out on me. We were going to go out for our 4th date tonight and she completely flaked out with a lame excuse. So in being honest with you and her and deciding it isn't fair to "play the field" I got hosed at both ends :>)Oh well, guess I'll just keep doing outdoors stuff and try to forget about dating. I think I'm even going to remove myself from eharmony. I just don't feel comfortable trying to date multiple gals at the same time or choosing between gals...it just doesn't feel right.Hope you are well and have a fun weekend

Brent

Okay, maybe there are some words. We all know this is a blatant, but pathetic attempt to activate the second choice clause this guy tried to write into our termination contract. I think I handled the first break-up email with class, writing "No problem! Good luck." and then promptly closing him on my match list. I accepted his offer to terminate. Now, he tells me he had been on three dates with this other girl. This is what you call premature rejectification. And, like all premature rejectifiers, he is regretting the anticlimactic response of his "gals." Oh, but I like the use of the smiley face.

Harriet

No comments: