Friday, June 19, 2009

Flex Match, my ass

This is in case a Tom Hanks or a Sean Connery or some other incredibly sexy 55+ year old guy is just waiting for a spring chicken like me at 35.

Dude -- all the great 55 year old men are looking at girls in their 20s. The rest of the losers are the result of Flex Matching at its worst. It's more to make them feel better, not me.

I wonder if they are just as flexible for guys -- sending 20 something guys matches in their 40s. I'll bet they aren't. It's only women they think are so insecure that they'd "go outside their comfort zone." I feel like a bit of a cougar with the 30-33 year old guys they are matching me with.

So, I have a couple of dates set up. One of the Johns and I are going for coffee, but when he emailed me, he said his name is really Ed. I don't understand this. Is he married and is afraid his wife is on eHarmony too? Does he just like to keep the girls guessing? I will not be able to think of him as Ed. He will now be John/Ed or "two-face." He's now like one of those backwoods Appalachian guys named "Johnny-Ray" or "Bubba-Lyle." John-Ed. It looks like the name of a guys who gets a lot of hookers. I've been John-Ed.

The other guy is Brent. He emailed me and asked me if I wanted to do lunch or breakfast on friday moring. Breakfast? What kind of a girl does he think I am? When we settled on a late lunch, he wrote, "I'm looking forward to meeting you and your sense of humor !!!" I'll try to bring it with me. He seems...very eager. (making squidgy, back away face)

Harriet

No comments: